On the 2nd of February 2023 the 1st Monitoring Committee meeting of the Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Interreg VI-A “Greece-Bulgaria 2021-2027” took place in Thessaloniki, in conjunction with the 9th Monitoring Committee meeting of the Cooperation Programme Interreg V-A “Greece-Bulgaria”.
The meeting was attended by 77 participants, including members with voting rights, members without voting rights and staff members of the Managing Authority (MA), the Joint Secretariat (JS) and the Bulgarian National Authority (NA). The MC meeting was chaired by Mr. George Zervos – Special Secretary for ERDF & CF Programs from the Ministry of Development & Investments of Greece. The co-chairperson Ms. Desislava Georgieva – Deputy Minister of Regional Development and Public Works of Bulgaria delivered a welcome speech. Mr. Ivan Fecenko – Desk Officer from the European Commission – DG Regional and Urban Policy also attended the meeting virtually.
The aim of the MC meeting was to discuss and take decisions on the following topics, according to the agenda:
– Presentation of the new Programme
– Rules of procedure of the Programme’s Monitoring Committee
– Information & Publicity issues for 2021-2027
– Anti-fraud coordination service (AFCOS) / National Transparency Authority
The Monitoring Committee UNANIMOUSLY DECIDED to approve:
1. the agenda of the 1st MC meeting;
2. the Rules of Procedure of the Programme’s Monitoring Committee;
3. the transfer of the JS staff from the 2014-2020 Programme to the JS of the new Programme (2021-2027)
4. the occupation of the JS vacancies by the JS staff of the Balkan-Med 2014-2020 Programme